2015 nominees for WLA’s Stars of the Industry Awards
Congratulations to the 2015 Stars of the Industry Awards nominees
Presented by the Washington Lodging Association and Moss Adams LLP
Each year the Washington Lodging Association invites its members to honor their exceptional employees by nominating them for the Stars of the Industry Awards. Now in its 17th year, the Stars program welcomes another outstanding group of nominees.
The 2015 nominees share a passion for providing guests with quality service; they show up each and every day with a determination to do the very best job they can, and they are both leaders and team players. Together, they exemplify the very best in Washington hospitality, and they make our industry proud.
Selecting winners in each category will be a difficult task for this year’s Stars judges, who are led by Roy Cupler, CPA, a partner with Stars of the Industry Awards presenting sponsor Moss Adams LLP.
Winners will be celebrated on Monday, November 16 at the Stars awards dinner which is one of the highlights of WLA’s Annual Convention & Trade Show. The Convention takes place at the Hyatt Regency Bellevue, and if you haven’t yet registered there is still time to be a part of this premier lodging event. Learn more here.
Congratulations to these outstanding nominees for the 2015 Stars of the Industry Awards:
OUTSTANDING GENERAL MANAGER
Recognizes a hotelier who has demonstrated superior professionalism in operating a WLA-member property and taken a leadership role in the industry by actively participating in association, community, or industry programs.
- Warren Beach, General Manager/Vice President of Operations, Holiday Inn Express & Suites Everett
- Tonya De La Cruz, General Manager, Coast Gateway Hotel, SeaTac
- Melissa Blasdel, General Manager, My Place Extended Stay Hotel, Pasco
- Keith Coleman, General Manager, Springhill Suites, Bellingham
- Dana Ottoboni, General Manager, LaQuinta Inn & Suites Vancouver
- Toni Skinner, General Manager, Holiday Inn Express and Suites, Sequim
Honors exemplary professionalism and exceptional service by an employee in a supervisory position. Nominees are judged on undertaking special services, showing outstanding leadership qualities, and consistently adding to the general well-being of guests.
- Anna Chon, Hotel Manager, Arctic Club Hotel-a Doubletree by Hilton, Seattle
- Cora Eifert, Food and Beverage Operations Manager, Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort, Leavenworth
- Aaron Lingley, Front Desk Manager, The Maxwell Hotel, Seattle
- Kim Peterson, Director of Catering & Event Management, Sheraton Seattle Hotel
- Magdalena Correa, Executive Head Housekeeper, SpringHill Suites by Marriott Kennewick/Tri-Cities
- Kacey Lacic, Assistant General Manager, Courtyard by Marriott Richland Columbia Point
- Bill Rode, Area Director of Sales – Group Sales, 360 Hotel Group, Lynnwood
- Sharon Wagner, Sales Manager, Holiday Inn Express Downtown Spokane
OUTSTANDING LODGING EMPLOYEE
Honors a non-management employee who goes above and beyond normal job responsibilities. Nominees are judged on outstanding and unusual service to the property, guests, and the community.
- Bert Hayward, Shuttle Driver/Bellperson, Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
- Gwendolynn Leituala, Guest Services Agent, Radisson Hotel Seattle Airport
- Cory Rothwell, Executive Meeting Specialist, Sheraton Seattle Hotel
- Joe Sullivan, Banquet Set-up Supervisor, The Westin Bellevue
- Mervat Sbait, Regency Club Concierge, Hyatt Regency Bellevue
- Vong Chantha, Housekeeper, University Inn, Seattle
- Katlin Glenn, Front Desk Agent, University Inn, Seattle
- Dzenana Prozorac, Breakfast Bar Manager, Holiday Inn Express Downtown Spokane
- Brian Roland, Houseman, Best Western Plus Heritage Inn, Bellingham
Honors an outstanding individual for his or her exceptional efforts to serve and enhance the experience of the traveling public. Nominees are new to the industry and/or to their position and embody the essence of hospitality.
- Merri Christiani, Grand Club Attendant, Grand Hyatt Seattle
- Rebecca Doll, Front Desk Agent, The Maxwell Hotel, Seattle
- Chloe Lee, Cook 1, Fairmont Olympic Hotel, Seattle
- Andrew Park, Manager on Duty, Cedarbrook Lodge, Seattle
- Jeff Wilbur, Front Office Manager, Arctic Club Hotel-a Doubletree by Hilton, Seattle
- Megan Greenawalt, Front Office Supervisor, Springhill Suites, Bellingham
- Brennan Payne, Night Auditor, Hotel 5, Seattle
- Jared Tess, Front Desk Agent, University Inn, Seattle
Stars of the Industry Awards are also given to properties that not only perform at a high level of excellence but that also make a contribution to the industry and to their community.
Awarded for to a WLA-member property for demonstrated engagement in the community.
- Grand Hyatt Seattle
- Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle
- Radisson Hotel Seattle Airport
- Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Recognizes WLA-member properties that have integrated superior environmental management practices that improve everyday operations and the bottom line, while maintaining quality service and meeting guest expectations with success in two or more of the following areas: energy conservation, solid waste reduction, effluents and emissions, water conservation, purchasing, and business issues.
- Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle
- Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort, Leavenworth
- Best Western Plus Heritage Inn, Bellingham
Recognizes the programs, initiatives, and corporate culture that lead to an environment of inclusion amongst all employees and/or guests, regardless of race, gender, creed, or physical ability.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle-Tacoma International Airport