Action Alert for Tourism: We need your help!
(Feb. 17, 2016) The state’s supplemental budget for 2015-17 is expected to come out this week, and it is a critical time for tourism in our state. Together the Washington Tourism Alliance, Washington Restaurant Association and Washington Lodging Association are requesting your help!
We are focusing our efforts on advocating for funding to continue a barebones marketing presence while the industry and the legislature continue negotiations on a legislative proposal. Our request is for $400,000 in the supplemental budget for 2015-17 for these essential functions:
- Website and digital marketing
- Postage for mailing copies of the Washington State Visitors’ Guide to prospective travelers
- Representation in Brand USA (our nation’s tourism marketing organization)
There are lots of other groups vying for the limited funds available so it is imperative that our voices be heard!
- Click here to sign the petition.
- Forward this message to your colleagues by using the Constant Contact share button within the petition
- Spread the message by sharing this link on social media
It may be a short session, but we can advance tourism forward by working together. Thank you!